Monday, October 28, 2013

Unexpected Conveniences.

by Riley
photo courtesy of my friend James
Funny, I never have this problem with Allison...
docked at Carolina Beach State Park marina
Southport, NC
View from our slip at the Provision Co.
So, I've come to realize that there are some things that just might be more convenient for us while living on a boat than they ever were on land. We made it to Southport today, at the mouth of Cape Fear. We made the short trip from Carolina Beach, where we stayed last night after being joined for the day's sail by my buddy James and his wife. But, to get to my point, last night I was really diggin' a pizza. So I got delivery from Papa Johns, something I could never do back home (we lived so far out in the country, there was no such thing as "delivery"). Today we tied up at the Provision Company, a restaurant that allows free overnight dockage with a meal. I toured just about the whole town, on foot. It was fun. Came back, took a power nap, then went and found a Napa Marine for a part I needed.  Then this evening, we needed dinner. Back home if we didn't cook it, we could figure on at least a 30 minute drive, but when you're tied up to the dock, it's just a 50 yard walk. So convenient and great food to boot.

Tomorrow I plan on sailing offshore from Cape Fear to Little River Inlet. I'm excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...