Monday, March 11, 2013

The Dream.


by Riley



The dream we have is more of a goal. I tend to make goals in life to motivate myself.  To buy a boat and sail it down the East Coast, perhaps to the Bahamas and back, was something I have always wanted to do at some point in my life.  In the last few years, I started to feel like I was losing control of the direction my life was going.  Life was just happening on it own, with all the responsibilities and restraints that come with it.  I started dreaming constantly about this idea of quitting my job for a while and sailing in warm blue waters, seeing new sights everyday.  I also began thinking about how the longer I waited, the harder this dream would be to achieve.  So, when Allison saw this existential crisis I was having, she gave her consent and said,  "If we’re going to do it, we need to do it now." And so, the adventure begins.

sailboat, sailing
Sailing a J24, 2010






“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do.  So throw off the bowlines.  Sail away from the safe harbor.  Catch the trade winds in your sails.  Explore.  Dream.  Discover.” -Mark Twain

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...