Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Happy Birthday to Me!

by Riley

Well, it's not quite my birthday yet, but I did need a speed and depth instrument, so it's my gift to myself. Electronics for a boat are one of the biggest money pits of yachting. There are so many fancy toys, it's easy to get caught up in thinking you need more than you really do. Because I'm kinda poor compared to most sailors, it was a little easier; only a few units fit my budget. I went with a Raymarine i40 bidata. The main reasons were price and the reputable name brand. The Internet is a great place for a bargain shopper. After researching what I wanted, I found the unit a good bit cheaper than list price, plus free shipping. Now that I have it, it seems to be good quality, and it didn't break the bank. I guess we’ll have to see if it works as good as it looks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...